Sunday, January 24, 2010

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner


I'm still not exactly sure how I feel about this book. I really liked it at the beginning, given that I generally like anything that makes me question the way I see the world. However, the danger the authors seemed to gloss over is that in exploring the hidden side of things, they still don't give equal weight to all of the possible arguments. I am not fully convinced by some of their rationales, but I did find the chapter about school teachers and sumo wrestlers interesting. If nothing else, at least I can have an informed opinion about it now.

I'm grateful to Greg for giving this book to me after he was finished with it for his Compleat Engineer class.

No comments:

Post a Comment