Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Freidrich Engels


What kind of self-respecting history major has not read The Communist Manifesto? The answer: me, for a very long time. I almost got through it last semester for my Russian Revolution class, but I stopped halfway through. (Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking.) When it got assigned again this semester, I figured it was time to bow to the curriculum, suck it up, and read it. Turns out, if you read it when you're not in a primary-document haze, it is surprisingly easier to read. Good to have read for historical context,but not so into the historical determinism. The picture is of a poster that has "Welcome to the Party" on top. You really have to see it to get the full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment