Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Promise by Chaim Potok


(NB--This book is a sequel to a book I have not yet posted. I am have some logistical issues taking the picture for that one. It will be up soon.)

I was a bit relieved when I found out that I did not have to say goodbye to Reuven and Danny quite as soon as I had thought. This book is about the choices they make, professionally, personally, and academically as they struggle through the final spasms of their education and learn what it really means to grow up. Their problems mirror where I am in my own life, and I am thankful to Potok for addressing the topic seriously. This time I really am saying goodbye to the duo, although I will admit that I think these are friends I will continue to visit for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment