Thursday, May 20, 2010

Clarence Saunders: The Piggly Wiggly Man by Mike Freeman


OK, this one's for work. I am doing a research project at the museum, and I found this piece derived from the author's thesis in the museum library. There's so much more to Saunders than reading a few panels will let you know. Depending on your perspective, we can either thank him for making our lives more efficient or be angry that he was a leading force in the dehumanization of daily transactions. I guess it depends on if you are more of a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty type.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline,
    My girlfriend was searching the net for Clarence Saunders and me, and found your blog. I obtained my MA in 1988. The Pink Palace Museum was helpful to me. If you have any questions about him, let me know.
    Mike Freeman
    michealwfreem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete